Covid 19 - Update 19th July
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
In England, as we move into Step 4 of the Government Road Map from 19 July 2021, we have produced the accompanying documents with headline information on what activities are permissible. The key focus is keep as many people enjoying the game as safely as possible.
1. Social distancing (1 m+) rule is removed
2. Group size restrictions indoors and outdoors are removed (including spectator number restrictions)
3. Face coverings are no longer required by law, but are recommended in crowded indoor settings and may be mandated by some organisations.
4. Remember No Participants = No Game. NHS Test and Trace is still in place and self-isolation of both COVID positive individuals and close contacts remains a requirement. The definition of close contact remains the same, however the rules on self-isolation will be changing from the 16th August.
5. Changing rooms can be used, however participants should use their own judgement and minimise use where possible to avoid close contact in a crowded area for a prolonged time.
6. Hospitality is permitted without restrictions.
7. NHS Test and Trace QR codes not required by law but encouraged.
8. Free NHS lateral flow testing is available to clubs and The ECB encourages clubs to take this up.
9. No domestic travel restrictions. Participants should continue to follow Government advice on international travel for any fixtures/ tournaments.
Please check the FAQ to answer any questions you may have
For full July 19th Guidance Update please Click Here