Foundation Level 1 Coaching Course
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
Coaching is an enormously rewarding, challenging and crucial role in cricket.
ECB Foundation I Coach is a new coach development programme and qualification that has been created to help more people take their first steps into coaching cricket.
A blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore what coaching looks like, the impact you can have as an ECB Foundation I Coach, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
The Isle of Wight Cricket Board are running a Foundation 1 course on the following dates at Ryde School:-
- Dates: May 17th, 24th and 7th & 14th June (Must be able to attend all four dates)
- Time: 6-9pm on each Date
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
It is now the entry level qualification required to coach cricket.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful sessions
- Active sessions
- Safe sessions
- Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple choice questionnaire
- Cost £150.00pp (We are offering 50% rebates for 1 place for each junior section and female candidates. Must be actively coaching with in a club after the course)
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- ECB DBS