Performance Manager Vacancy
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
The successful candidate will work closely to ensure that the best opportunities are available to produce the highest level of cricketer that we possibly can. Employed by Isle of Wight Cricket Board and line managed by the Cricket Development Manager, this post will look to commence ideally on the 1st May 2013. Where you will be expected to lead and coach on specific Board schemes.
The focus of this post is to manage and improve all aspects of Isle of Wight youth representative cricket, including the ‘Emerging Player Programme’ to the summer squads for both boys and girls from the age of 21 down. You will also be required to deliver on community schemes across the Island.
- Responsibility for delivering the Player Pathway covering young cricketers in the County
- Manage and Head Coach the Emerging Player and Player development Programme (Academy programme)
- Responsibility for developing and delivery of the County junior excellence coaching programme (Winter & Summer)
- Appointment (In conjunction with IWCB Cricket Committee) and management of the coaching team across Area and County Cricket
- Lead Coach for one County Youth Age Group
- Act as Lead Coach to Ventnor Cricket Club from January to Easter.
- Oversee & Contribute to the coaching of the County’s Chance to Shine programmes
- Act along side the Isle of Wight Coaches Association chair in driving forward the development and growth of the association.
- Head coach of the Island senior XI
- Oversee the delivery of the gifted and talented schools coaching programme (C2S and other schemes)
- Report to the IWCB Cricket committee when required.
- Oversee selection process for all County age group sides
- Act as the main contact point for all lead club coaches in relation to the selection, development and education of all club players and coaches.
- Management of the Isle of Wight Academy During the winter months
Qualifications/Skills Required for position
- Must have significant coaching experience up to and including junior county and senior club level
- Good communication and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Minimum ECB Level 3 or UKCC Level 3 cricket coach with the ability and willingness to complete Level 4
- Full, clean and valid driving licence and access to a car
- Computer Literacy, including MS Office applications
- Valid Enhanced CRB
- ECBCA Membership
- Good Leadership Skills
- Good Health record & freedom from major injury
- To be a qualified or willing to train to be an ECB coach education tutor/assessor.
The Position will be based at the Isle of Wight Academy in the winter months & IWCB Offices (Newclose CCG) in the summer.
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter of application to Stuart Chatfield at IWCB, NEWCLOSE, BLACKWATER RD, NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHT, PO30 3BE or email to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 11th March 2013 at 5pm
Interview Date: 25th March 2013