For older news stories please visit the news archive page
We are currently looking for Sports Clubs and Coaches to deliver Sport4Kids Courses. A Sport4Kids course can be delivered in any sport, such as a ‘Badminton’ course or a ‘Bowls’ course, they are generally structured as short courses, lasting between 6 – 10 weeks. At the end of the short course there should then be an activity where new participants can continue to participate, such as a club night or a pay & play session.
We are especially keen to fund new innovative ideas to attract more junior members, such as Girls Only Groups, Indoor Sessions or New Age Group Targeted Groups. All new courses must be aimed at attracting new members and not purely funding to run existing groups.
Every course should be delivered by a qualified coach to enable sessions to be run in a safe environment. Ideally coaches from clubs will take on the challenge of running a Sport4Kids course which will then lead to a series of benefits, including –
· Increased participation in your sport
· Increased membership for your sports club
· ncreased revenue for your sports club
· Opportunity for qualified coaches and aspiring coaches to develop their coaching skills (and get paid!)
· Positive publicity for your sports club
· Providing the opportunity for non-sporty types to get involved in sport in a relaxed environment
So what has this got to do with you???
The Sports Unit are looking to fund over 15 Sport4Kids courses on the IOW throughout 2009, we are asking for clubs/organisations/individuals to deliver courses funded by the Sports Unit.
If you are keen to deliver a Sport4Kids course you can apply for a grant to the maximum of £500 for the following –
· Hire of facility
· Coaches Fees
· Publicity (although the Sports Unit will publicise all courses through the County Press)
If you are keen to deliver a Sport4Kids course please contact the Sports Unit on (01983) 823818 or Sports.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your potential project and following this, complete the Sport4Kids Application for Funding Form.