Sports Club Survey
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
Every club who completes the survey can choose to receive a free audit from Utility Aid and Energy 4 Sport and Recreation to find out if they can save money on their bills! AND there are some fantastic prizes available including a 5* hotel stay in London, travel vouchers, equipment vouchers, England football tickets and much more.
Below is a brief from the S&RA on the purpose of the survey. Please can you circulate to inform your clubs of this opportunity.
At the end of 2012, the Sports and Recreations Alliance’s Olympic and Paralympic legacy snapshot survey revealed cause for optimism, but that more could be done to help sports clubs drive up grassroots participation.
The survey showed that:
• two in five clubs (42%) are experiencing an increase in the number of people joining their club since the Games but a quarter (26%) of these clubs are struggling to meet this demand
• a lack of funding is preventing three in five sports clubs from growing their membership
• increased running costs are holding back the growth of 54% of sports clubs and half are struggling with a lack of affordable venues or facilities.
Do you think this outlook reflects the experience at your club?
The Alliance is carrying out its biennial sports club survey to piece together a picture of how our community and grassroots sports clubs are faring in the afterglow of the games. It will ask:
• What opportunities, challenges and barriers do you face as a sports club?
• How are you coping financially, and in terms of sustaining or growing your membership?
• Are you feeling the squeeze of local authority cuts?
• What training and support would you like to see offered by non-profit organisations to clubs in the future?
The information you provide is absolutely critical to us...
Armed with your answers both the Alliance and the ECB will work to improve the environment for sports clubs and campaign to get the best deal for cricket.