2012 IWS&RC Achievement Awards
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
This event has become a major feature of Island Sporting life over the past 30+ years and many eminent sports personalities have received recognition. We trust that clubs and Associations will endeavour to continue to support your local Sports Council’s efforts to give prominence both to sports personalities themselves and also recognise the sterling work done by clubs and Associations.
Enclosed are the Rules and Nomination Forms relating to the event and these should be returned by Monday 31st December 2012 to the Chairman, Terry Blunden, 20 Halberry Lane, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 2ER
*Clubs and Associations are reminded that only those who have affiliated for 2012 may submit entries.
It is expected that the Awards will be made in the following categories, but in order to allow for greater flexibility and freedom of choice, nominations should not refer to any specific category except for Junior, Intermediate, Senior and Service to Sport.
The adjudicating Body will determine which Awards to make (if any) in the light of the number and quality of entries submitted. Persons nominating candidates should ensure that their nominee is aware of his/her nomination and that they also know details of the ceremony – both nominator and nominee will receive confirmation letters.
1. Junior Boy/Girl (under 14 years of age on 31 December 2012)
2. Intermediate Man/Lady (under 18 years of age on 31 December 2012)
3. Senior Man/Lady (over 18 years of age on 31 December 2012)
4. Disability 1) Junior (Under 18 years of age on 31st December 2012)
2) Senior (over 18 years of age on 31st December 2012)
5. Team Award Junior and Senior
6. Masters Sportsperson (Veteran) (over 40 years of age on 31 December 2012)
7. Coach of the Year 1) Participation – Recognising Achievements of a coach getting more people starting/staying and/or succeeding in sport through high quality coaching
2) Performance - Recognising the achievements of a coach in developing emerging talent and athletes at the highest level of performance in sport
8. Service to Sport (previous winners of this category are NOT eligible)
9. Club Volunteer of the Year (Junior and Senior)
10. Club Official – referee, judge or umpire
11. Outstanding Personal Achievement Overcoming adversity to make an outstanding individual achievement in their chosen sport
Awards Nomination Form
Award Categories Form