Isle of Wight Cricket

Clubs Tap Into EWCT Small Grants Scheme

For older news stories please visit the news archive page

Five clubs have been awarded grants that total £8640 from England & Wales Cricket Trust (EWCT) Small Grants scheme which this year have been supported by Waitrose.

The grants have been awarded for projects that fell into one of the following categories: Covers, Kitchen/Social Areas, Outdoor Areas, Energy Consumption, Water Consumptions or to put flood defense measure in place. Each grant has been awarded to help each club create a more sustainable future for themselves or help get games played.

Grants will cover a maximum of 90% of the total project with the club putting in the other 10% and were awarded to Porchfield CC, Newclose CC & Ryde CC to purchase furniture for their club houses. Ventnor CC grant will be used to fit new push taps around the pavilion and a new commercial dishwasher. Northwood CC will be purchasing new flat covers and a Bowdry Water Remover to help the groundsman get the ground fit for play.
web design by island webservices