Guidance Update Step 3 - 17th May
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
With the positive news from the UK Government confirming England progressing to Step 3 from Monday 17th May, we have updated our guidance to reflect what these changes mean for organised outdoor cricket. Whilst these changes come into effect from Monday 17th May, it is important to remember that clubs should be encouraged to move at their own pace and only move to the next steps if and when they feel ready to do so.
The main changes under Step 3 guidance are as follows:
· On-field Activities: All on-field restrictions remain as previously communicated
· Changing rooms: can open where it is safe to do so but social distancing and other mitigation measures must be observed, including restrictions on capacity limits. (Signage can be found via resource hub.)
· Hospitality: Clubhouses and facilities that serve food and drink can open. At Step 3, both indoor and outdoor hospitality will be permitted. The provision of food and beverage should be as per government guidance on hospitality settings.
· Teas: Teas can now by served at clubs where this can be done safely and in compliance with government guidance on hospitality settings.
· Spectators: Spectators are permitted at both public and private venues. Spectators must observe social distancing and legal gathering size limits (groups of up to 30 outdoors).
· Travel: You can leave your home to exercise and take part in informal and organised cricket. Car sharing is permitted at Step 3 for sport in accordance with the government guidance for safer travel.
We continue to work with colleagues in Wales as we await the Welsh Government Update expected on Friday 14th May.
We are making progress on the guidance for adult indoor activity under Step 3 and will share this with you early next week.