Hold A Club Open Day
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
By holding a Club Open Day on a selected Ashes weekend you can invite the local community into your club to enjoy the cricket whilst showcasing your facilities, atmosphere, cricket playing opportunities and everything else you have to offer.
In conjunction with Sky we have some fantastic offers for your club to be able to get full Ashes coverage and make the most of this opportunity.
Clubs new to Sky will be able to enjoy Sky Sports’ cricket action all summer long with an exclusive offer featuring a six month break clause. Click here for details.
Clubs who already have a Sky Sports commercial agreement who host an Open Day will get £140 from the ECB towards their monthly subscription.
So why hold a Club Open Day?
• To make sure your club benefits from the Ashes as part of a national campaign
• To position your club at the heart of the local community by inviting them down to watch the Ashes
• To showcase your club to potential new members, volunteers and sponsors
• To generate revenue through your bar and catering facilities
What support the ECB will provide:
We’re not just telling you to switch over to the cricket and leaving the rest to you. ECB will support your club in the following way:
Club Open Days Newsletter
Click on the image to download the Club Open Days newsletter
• The ECB will promote Club Open Days on a national scale across all of its communication channels (website, Twitter and Facebook page) and inform the press that hundreds of cricket clubs are opening their doors to the wider community to make the Investec Ashes and club cricket accessible to new audiences – what a great message for the whole game.
• The ECB will provide clubs with an online toolkit to allow you to create personalised posters and leaflets to share in your community.
• The ECB’s commercial partners will offer the first 100 clubs to register their interest a range of freebies to help you make the most of your Club Open Day.
What you need to do now:
Decide which Ashes Saturday or Sunday (or both) to hold your Club Open Day.
• 1st Investec Ashes Test: July 10-14, Trent Bridge
• 2nd Investec Ashes Test: July 18-22, Lord’s
• 3rd Investec Ashes Test: August 1-5, Old Trafford
• 4th Investec Ashes Test: August 9-13, Emirates Durham ICG
• 5th Investec Ashes Test: August 21-25, Kia Oval
Need to clarify a few things? Take a look at our FAQs.
Register your club before the closing date – Wednesday 5 June.