Safeguarding & Protecting Children Course
For older news stories please visit the news archive page
9th March 2011 & 27th April 2011
Cost: £20 pp
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send payment to IWCB, Newclose, Blackwater Rd, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 3BE.
Payment must be here before the course.
Anyone that completed this course three or more years ago will need to attend the course to refresh.
Individuals that need to attend this course are: -
Coaches (With out your qualification is invaild as well as CA membership).
Club Welfare Officers
County Team Managers
Anyone who has regular contact with Under 18 at your club
Course Outline: -
Protect yourself, the young people at your club and your employer by understanding and following good practice. Learn about child abuse and how to handle situations if you have concerns.
This workshop will help you to:
* identify good coaching practice to promote a positive relationship with children
* identify sport situations and coaching practice that might constitute either poor practice or possible abuse
* explore your feelings about child abuse and state what constitutes neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse
* recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and appreciate why reporting it is often so difficult
* identify appropriate action if a child discloses he/she has been abused
* identify appropriate action if abuse is suspected and explain the role and responsibilities of other experts (e.g. police, social services)
* describe appropriate practice that reduces the likelihood of abuse occurring